Writing Business Messages
Writing Business Messages is a lecture which is covered during Business Communication Module. The two tasks covered in this lecture are adapting to your audience (including being sensitive to audience needs, building strong relationships, and controlling your style and tone) and composing your message (including choosing powerful words, creating effective sentences, and crafting unified, coherent paragraphs). The Lecture concludes with advice on writing messages for mobile devices.
- Adapting to Your Audience: Being Sensitive to Audience Needs
– Using the “You” Attitude
Maintaining Standards of Etiquette
Emphasizing the Positive
Using Bias-Free Language
- Adapting to Your Audience: Building Strong Relationships
– Establishing Your Credibility
Projecting Your Company’s Image
- Adapting to Your Audience: Controlling Your Style and Tone
Using a Conversational Tone
Using Plain Language
Selecting the Active or Passive Voice
- Composing Your Message: Choosing Powerful Words
– Understanding Denotation and Connotation
Balancing Abstract and Concrete Words
Finding Words That Communicate Well
- Composing Your Message: Creating Effective Sentences
– Choosing from the Four Types of Sentences
Using Sentence Style to Emphasize Key Thoughts
- Composing Your Message: Crafting Unified, Coherent Paragraphs
– Creating the Elements of a Paragraph
– Choosing the Best Way to Develop a Paragraph
- Writing Messages for Mobile Devices
- Identify the four aspects of being sensitive to audience needs when writing business messages.
- Identify seven characteristics that build and maintain a communicator’s credibility.
- Explain how to achieve a tone that is conversational but businesslike, explain the value of using plain language, and define active and passive voice.
- Describe how to select words that are both correct and effective.
- Define the four types of sentences, and explain how sentence style affects emphasis within a message.
- Define the three key elements of a paragraph, and list five ways to develop unified, coherent paragraphs.
- List five techniques for writing effective messages for mobile readers.
In this file you will find:
- 1 Writing Business Messages Lecture Power Point Presentation
- 1 Guide file how to conduct Lecture
- 1 Test Bank with 100 different questions with full answer description and explanation
- 1 Folder with relevant pictures